Practical Nursing Entrance Exam Preparation
Students are required to take the TEAS Exam (Test of Essential Academic Skills) as part of the admissions process for acceptance into the Practical Nursing program. To help students prepare for the exam, Tri-County is offering a series of courses designed to improve students' competencies in this standardized testing process. English and Math are covered separately in 3-session courses. A Test-Taking Skills Development, 1-session course is also offered.
Students who sign up for all three courses pay a total of $199 and receive the benefit of a 15% discount off of the individual course prices.
- Textbooks: Learning Strategies: Your Guide to Classroom and Test-Taking Success
Learning Strategies: Your Guide to Classroom and Test-Taking Success is a must read book for busy students. This research-based book is designed to help students prepare for the college classroom and improve their academic performance in college. The first chapter of the book contains a series of self-assessment inventories. The remainder of the book provides strategies for learning during lectures, creating and maintaining productive study environments, and succeeding on classroom and standardized tests.
Textbooks must be obtained by students prior to the first class and can be purchased from ATI’s website http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/product.aspx?zpid=1168 in the amount of $31.00
- Textbooks: ATI TEAS Study Manual, Sixth Edition
The TEAS Study Manual prepares students for the Exam. This official TEAS resource, written specifically to address the needs of students preparing to take the TEAS, is proven to work. On average, students who used TEAS prep materials from ATI scored higher on their TEAS test than those using other companies' materials or no study prep materials.
- Instructional material for each of the four subject areas: Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English and Language Usage
- Practice problems and examples with explanatory answer keys provided for each lesson
- A practice test accompanies each content area with solutions and rationales
- Detailed glossary of terms used throughout the guide
- Preparation strategies to pass the TEAS
ATI TEAS Study Manual, Sixth Edition can be purchased from Tri-County’s online registration website