Statement of Philosophy and Goals
Successful education is an on-going, ever-changing learning process involving students, families, faculty, administrators and School Committee members, working together to provide a culture of excellence, responsibility, safety, and respect. This process fosters citizenship, social awareness, creativity, self-respect, and a desire to pursue further education.
Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School offers students opportunities for training and skill development that lead to rewarding employment, and provide a well-rounded education that inspires life-long learning. By developing students’ abilities through diverse curricula, including a wide range of instructional settings, Tri-County strives to bring students to their highest potential in the attainment of academic and vocational-technical excellence.
Tri-County encourages students to engage in individual, group, and team activities by offering a variety of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In conjunction with the academic and vocational-technical curricula, these activities foster productive and responsible citizenship in today’s technical society. To support this philosophy, Tri-County maintains the following goals:
- To ensure that students possess the ability to access information, demonstrate interpersonal skills, and use resources and technology.
- To promote literacy, critical-thinking, intellectual curiosity and life-long learning.
- To develop citizens who demonstrate social responsibility, responsible decision-making skills, a sound work ethic and a sense of community.
- To prepare students for entry into the workforce and/or the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- To encourage incoming students to explore various traditional and non-traditional areas.
- To integrate learning between academic and vocational areas.
- To provide a safe and cooperative learning environment for all students and staff.
- To provide cooperative education programs, adult education and extra-curricular activities.
- To promote parental involvement and communication.
- To provide meaningful opportunities for professional and staff development.
- To provide extensive student support services.