Cosmo Evening Program
Evening Cosmetology Program
September to July
All phases of cosmetology will be introduced during the first half of the year. These are hairstyling, cutting, permanent waves, coloring, manicuring, and skin care. Students will perfect these basic skills by hands-on training when we offer services to the public. This 1-year course of instruction consists of 1,000 hours as required by the MA State Board of Registration of Cosmetologists. This program will be completed in one full school year. Classes are held on Monday through Thursday from 4:30pm to 10:30 pm.
- Be 17.5 years or older as of the first class date. A birth certificate may be required.
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate and provide their high school transcripts or copy of their G.E.D. scores.
- Complete and submit the Tri-County RVTHS Continuing Education Application for Admission form Link to Application for Admission PDF Form
- Remit their initial tuition deposit and registration fee within 15 days of their acceptance letter issuance to confirm enrollment.
Class size is limited to 13 students and registrants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To qualify for in-district tuition fee, proof of residency (within the past 3 months) is required. Students are expected to maintain regular attendance and satisfactory progress and must maintain a 75% average.
If you need additional information, please feel free to contact our office.
- Students are required to wear a uniform that consists of white or black shirt, black pants, and black or white closed shoes. A school provided lab coat would complete the uniform.
- All work must be done under the supervision of an instructor and with the instructor’s permission.
- Students are required to fulfill all instructors’ assignments.
- Any student not in compliance with the rules will not receive his/her hours and may ultimately be terminated from the program.
Students are enrolled and assigned to either the day or evening Cosmetology program. Students will not be permitted to attend both programs or transfer from one to another without just cause and written permission from the Director of Continuing Education.
Transfer students from another institution will be accepted if space is available and with written approval from the Director of Continuing Education. The transfer student must provide Tri-County with all the necessary documents including a Transfer of Hours Worksheet (MA Board of Cosmetology document) from the previous school attended. The student will be given a start date once all the necessary forms are received by the Continuing Education office.
If a student of Tri-County requires hours to be transferred to another institution, the Director of Continuing Education will provide and mail the Transfer of Hours Worksheetto said institution.
As stated on the MA Board of Cosmetology document,no hours will be transferred if the student has and owes money to the previous school.
Tuition -(School Year 2015-2016)**
- Tuition*: In-District** $6,200, Out-of-District $6,800
- Kit and Supplies: $975approximately (payment due at first class)
* Tuition is subject to change for the upcoming school year.
**IN-district towns: Franklin, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Plainville, Seekonk, Sherborn, Walpole, Wrentham
Upon acceptance, a minimum tuition and registration payment of $2000.00 (IN-District) or $2200.00 (OUT-of-district) must be made. The remaining balance is due on or before the first day of school unless you choose to enroll in our Payment Plan Program. There is a $50 enrollment fee due upon acceptance into the Payment Plan Program. Late payment fees are applicable. Payments must be made regardless of attendance. Students whose tuition is in arrears will not receive credit for the hours accrued.
There will be a $20.00 charge for all returned checks.
- 100% of initial fee payment minus $100.00 withdrawal fee if written withdrawal notice is received before the first class
- 60% of fee minus $100.00 withdrawal fee if written withdrawal notice is received before the second class
- 40% of fee minus $100.00 withdrawal fee if written withdrawal notice is received before the third class
- No refunds are issued after the third class.
Rescheduling for cancelled classes
The class schedule has been set to achieve the required 1,000 hours of instruction and practice. Should any of these classes need to be cancelled, they will be rescheduled to ensure that these requirements are satisfied.